Our construction methods using steel systems give you an enormous variety of options to suit your exact need for virtually any type of low-rise commercial building. You can design the interior space to meet your unique business requirements and at the same time choose a custom exterior for esthetic appeal or desired image.
Our steel systems construction products include frames, roofs, walls, and panels, as well as finishes and accessories. All are precisely manufactured to meet or exceed the highest standards of testing and certification.
Using a proprietary, state-of-the-art computer system, we design your project’s systems and components to meet your exact specifications. The pre-engineered materials are then delivered to the construction site ready to be assembled using high-strength, bolted connections.
For a final touch, you can create just the look you want for your building with an exterior of glass, masonry, metal, stone or numerous other cladding materials.
From agricultural to industrial facilities, Sims Construction has the products, the expertise, and the experience to help ensure the success of your project.
Steel Frame Benefits
How You Benefit:
Steel systems construction can generate substantial savings of up to 30% in overall construction costs for certain building types:
• Standardization and computer-assisted design reduces time spent on planning, on-site organization, and construction.
• Construction time cycles are often up to 1/3 less than other methods, resulting in faster occupancy and quicker return on owner investment.
• Insulated roof and wall systems can significantly reduce HVAC costs.
Other benefits include:
• Simplified design and code process
• Faster project estimating
• One-source coordination with streamlined delivery
• Reduced maintenance and diminished deterioration, cracking, rot, and insect damage
• Easy expansion to accommodate growth
"Building Green" or sustainable design combines design and construction practices to reduce or eliminate a building's negative impact on the environment. VP Buildings has an ever-growing number of products that meet or exceed the guidelines of the U.S. Environmental Protect Agency's Energy Star? program. In addition, VP is an active participant in both the Cool Roof Rating Council and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), which maintains the LEED? (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system.
Sims Construction can contribute significantly toward your project's LEED certification in areas of:
• Recycled content
• Recyclability/Reuse in the future
• Energy efficiency
• Cool Roof materials
• Advanced Computer Design and Planning
Sims Construction uses the most advanced computer system in the industry to help reduce design and estimating time, accurately detail the building structure, and efficiently process materials through manufacturing. The proprietary VP Command system also helps to ensure material quality, which leads to faster field erection, saving you both time and money.